Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where to find a proper fork brace that fits on the lower legs of a CB/L k5?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Assuming a K5 450, and that you are looking for "vintage looks", try an undrilled "dirt-bike" type.....Chaperral Motorsports or a similar dealer should have them.......

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Steve, let you know what I find..

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Email Rick @ - [email protected]
Home page @ http://www.tkat.com/forkbrace.html

These were his prices and info as of the last email i had from him (this year) and this is for custom made to your dimensions! His work is of a very high standard.

Price:
$92 domestic, $103USD Canuck, &105USD International. That includes shipping. No PayPal or plastic but personal checks OK. Your personal integrity has GOTTA be worth more than $100! Non domestic payments easiest handled via postal M/O.

Specify make/model/yadayada, &c. Include LEGIBLE snail mail addy - D'oh.
Make any checks payable to: R.C.L. & send everything to:

Tkat
1745 Grant St. Unit #5
Santa Clara, CA
95050-3936 USA

Ride Tall,
Tkat

Special The 1st order from Antarctica is FREE. That's the only Continent I haven't shipped 1 to. (;^)

Reactions: Lloydie

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Rod,
that's just what I was looking for, and it fits the 'ol budget lol

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
ihatespeed said:
thanks Rod,
that's just what I was looking for, and it fits the 'ol budget lol
Happy days :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a super quick reply, looks pretty good, let you all know what I find out once I send him the measurements..

"Sorry, never made one for that bike, tho I've been known to do one-offs. The price for those depends on the style of fork seals. The cost would be in the $150 range - w/ $50 down. I've been stuck 2 often.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Apr 20, 2010, at 5:28 PM, Greg Dawson wrote:

Good evening,
I’m interested in a fork brace for a 1972 Honda cb450 k5. Please advise availability, price and order process.
Thanks for your time,
Greg"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts