Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling this bike under consignment for a friend- it was bought new, used for 6 months, then owner passed away in 1973- it sat ever since in a garage until now- the owner's mom who is elderly sold it to us, we are selling it now- lost title, but we can get a new one from PENNDOT for about $32 and one form from a notary. Also have key, windshield, and sissy bar. Price is $3900 OR BEST OFFER- it has only 1,083 miles on it, original tires, all cables/controls work like new. Located in northeastern Pa. USA Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. Contact [email protected]

$3900 OBO

$3900 OBO
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,495 Posts
Tom has a point - you'll have that bike for a very long time at that price, especially with a compromised title - everyone here is a broke cheapskate anyway....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no offense, but can you guys read ?

it says $3900

right after that it says OR BEST OFFER

I changed the font so it's more obvious now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gs1327 said:
No offense- but you've got a $500 bike there.............
uh, no. We won't accept $500, not for a bike with only 1,083 miles on it. But we are negotiable and reasonable, so keep pitching.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tbpmusic said:
Tom has a point - you'll have that bike for a very long time at that price, especially with a compromised title - everyone here is a broke cheapskate anyway....

we already have a standing $1000 offer, and that guy will own it unless someone outbids him- yes, the broke cheapskate statement is true, aren't we all in this economy, unfortunately :D :) :oops:

bend over, here comes more of the "hope and change"... :lol:

do I hear $1100 ?? that's all it would take to be in the lead on this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
You should probably consider yourself lucky and accept the $1000 offer. That's way more than a fair price on that bike, with the title issues. Trust the advice of this group. We've all seen this type of thing before..


GB :mrgreen:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
607 Posts
locknloadnow said:
no offense, but can you guys read ?

it says $3900

right after that it says OR BEST OFFER

I changed the font so it's more obvious now
Yep, I can read, I saw the OBO, Its just that an asking price of $3900 is a LONG way off for a rusty old project. Even if it had 100 miles and a clear title.
Which it doesn't.
I would take the 1000 and run to the bank with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
You should probably consider yourself lucky and accept the $1000 offer. That's way more than a fair price on that bike, with the title issues. Trust the advice of this group. We've all seen this type of thing before..


GB :mrgreen:

yes $1000 is a fair offer, but the title issue is easy to fix, I already called a notary, it's a simple one page form and $32 to get a duplicate title.

but you're jumping the gun here, I've been selling on the net for 10 years, and locally since 1981- this has only been for sale for ONE DAY. You don't take the first offer that comes down the pike, that would be foolish. We're going to wait at least a week, maybe more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gs1327 said:
locknloadnow said:
no offense, but can you guys read ?

it says $3900

right after that it says OR BEST OFFER

I changed the font so it's more obvious now
Yep, I can read, I saw the OBO, Its just that an asking price of $3900 is a LONG way off for a rusty old project. Even if it had 100 miles and a clear title.
Which it doesn't.
I would take the 1000 and run to the bank with it.
you're seeing the starting price, and beating on it as if it said "$3900 firm", what's up with that ?

you have to start high to get a decent price- if we started at $1000, we'd be getting offers for $300

I'd have to disagree with you there, unrestored good condition low miles beats restored low miles, every time. And restored CL175K7's are bringing $2200 on Ebay right now.

not everyone wants old stuff restored. Take a gun for instance- refinish/reblue it, it is worth 1/2 price of the original gun in same condition. Refinishing destroys the value.

same for musclecars, low miles unrestored is higher value than restored lately

the bike isn't "rusty"- that rust would wipe off with steel wool and an oily rag- look at the paint on the gas tank and rest of bike, you call that rusty ?
 

·
Sensei
Joined
·
27,180 Posts
I'd have to take the grand... the 175's sold for about $895 NEW....I bought a titled, running, '71 CL 175 for $100 last year......and rode it home......In Concours condition it might fetch $2000/2500 as an antique, but that one is nowhere even near showroom........Don't get me wrong, I hope you both make a profit, ...but, with money as tight as it is, it's a buyer's market..............
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
479 Posts
locknloadnow said:
Bird76Mojo said:
You should probably consider yourself lucky and accept the $1000 offer. That's way more than a fair price on that bike, with the title issues. Trust the advice of this group. We've all seen this type of thing before..


GB :mrgreen:

yes $1000 is a fair offer, but the title issue is easy to fix, I already called a notary, it's a simple one page form and $32 to get a duplicate title.

but you're jumping the gun here, I've been selling on the net for 10 years, and locally since 1981- this has only been for sale for ONE DAY. You don't take the first offer that comes down the pike, that would be foolish. We're going to wait at least a week, maybe more
I'm sure that's great and all but the reality is that you saw this forum as a target rich environment for selling your bike. My guess is you have no real interest in joining this community. Sell on CL or ebay and spare us the lesson on your historic, priceless twin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
[/quote]
I'm sure that's great and all but the reality is that you saw this forum as a target rich environment for selling your bike. My guess is you have no real interest in joining this community. Sell on CL or ebay and spare us the lesson on your historic, priceless twin.[/quote]

Second that. Waiting for a conciliatory redemption post now. Only fitting. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
66Sprint said:
I'd have to take the grand... the 175's sold for about $895 NEW....I bought a titled, running, '71 CL 175 for $100 last year......and rode it home......In Concours condition it might fetch $2000/2500 as an antique, but that one is nowhere even near showroom........Don't get me wrong, I hope you both make a profit, ...but, with money as tight as it is, it's a buyer's market..............

keep in mind, when you put something on the net for sale, the entire planet sees it, and there's people out there, that money is no object to. I have a friend who built a Corvette race car- he raced it a few seasons. He put it up for sale at a ridiculous price of $75,000 and everyone said the same thing you are saying. Then someone from KUWAIT flew in, and bought it, and shipped it back to Kuwait- on a barge. We also have Europeans buying junk cars with no floors/trunk left in them, and rotted frames, and barging them back to Europe, and paying $800 for a car that's worth $100 as scrap metal, then paying $5000 to barge it back to Europe. You have to think worldwide, not just your own town, when it comes to valuing anything put on the net.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure that's great and all but the reality is that you saw this forum as a target rich environment for selling your bike. My guess is you have no real interest in joining this community. Sell on CL or ebay and spare us the lesson on your historic, priceless twin.[/quote]

Second that. Waiting for a conciliatory redemption post now. Only fitting. ;)[/quote]



translation- you can't afford a low-mileage bike, so you'll nitpick someone else's for sale.

actually this forum is a very low-volume posting forum, not target rich at all- but...this "is" the proper forum for it, per the rules, so what's your gripe ? this is where you post a Honda twin bike for sale- you seem to have a problem with that ? knock-knock- this is a HONDA forum, isn't it ?? :D :lol:

why are you trying to act like some sort of moderator, when you're not, and there's no infraction here ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
479 Posts
rufusswan said:
Second that. Waiting for a conciliatory redemption post now. Only fitting. ;)
Seems this didn't happen...


locknloadnow said:
keep in mind, when you put something on the net for sale, the entire planet sees it, and there's people out there, that money is no object to...You have to think worldwide, not just your own town, when it comes to valuing anything put on the net.
What? Are you P.T. Barnum? While the whole world is indeed represented in this community, they aren't from the same population you seek. The sucker ratio is pretty low here.


locknloadnow said:
translation- you can't afford a low-mileage bike, so you'll nitpick someone else's for sale.
That would be faulty assumption. I believe the phrase that comes to mind is, "a foolish man and his money are soon parted." I remain quite liquid, thank you. Besides, it is fun to engage those who fancy themselves slightly superior to the rest of us bumpkins.


locknloadnow said:
actually this forum is a very low-volume posting forum, not target rich at all- but...this "is" the proper forum for it, per the rules, so what's your gripe ? this is where you post a Honda twin bike for sale- you seem to have a problem with that ? knock-knock- this is a HONDA forum, isn't it ?? :D :lol:
Correct, this is the proper forum. But this is the forum of a particular community who knows and loves Honda Twins and you received honest feedback regarding your item and your methods of sale. You can crow all you want about your "experience" selling on the net but your methods and representation suggest otherwise and unless I'm missing something you are not the least bit interested in Honda Twins, only the sale of a particular Honda Twin.


locknloadnow said:
why are you trying to act like some sort of moderator, when you're not, and there's no infraction here ?
You are correct, I am not a moderator. I am a community member acting like a community member. Something you don't understand because you simply registered here to post something for sale. It a little like my neighbors dog who uses my other neighbors yard as his bathroom. It stinks and I will say something about it.


By the way, this was the advice of one of the moderators:
Bird76Mojo said:
You should probably consider yourself lucky and accept the $1000 offer. That's way more than a fair price on that bike, with the title issues. Trust the advice of this group. We've all seen this type of thing before..
GB :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,495 Posts
Well, I am - so let's let it go guys......

Enough of this stuff, on both sides - don't make one of these guys get called in :shock: :? :eek:

Please, move all pissin' matches to PM or private email, yeah??



 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top