Honda Twins banner

flush mount gas cap

989 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  danno
Has anyone done a flush mount gas cap retrofit on their bike?

I purchased one from drag specialties meant for a harley. its looks like it will work if i weld in the correct bung.. but upon further measuring i see that its going to be too tall to fit in the tank.

So i'm faced with either modifying the tank bottom and maybe the spine pf the bike. or moving the filler to a side vs being center.


If someone knows of a different pop up style flush mount gas cap that would work? id be open to hearing ideas or seeing your setup

1 - 2 of 5 Posts
Keep in mind that if you utilize the Harley screw type bung that you will also have to weld in a vent tube that runs through the the tank. The Harley cap itself is not vented, and relies on a tube that runs from the underside of the standpipe in the bung and exits through the bottom of the gas tank to prevent pressure buildup in the tank.
Proceed with caution. Although many Harley caps are designated as vented, they actually act as a one way valve allowing air to enter but not escape. This could have negative consequences to say the least.
1 - 2 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.