Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, a bunch of friends from our vintage club and I rode about 80 miles to see some vintage bikes a group from northern Mississippi were bringing to show. We met at a chicken wings place about halfway between the two groups on a dreary November day. I didn't know what to expect, but wow! - those guys brought some primo bikes and lined them up in a vacant parking lot across the street. Here are pics of most of the Honda twins that were there...unfortunately, my cell phone ran out of storage space.

IMG_5009.jpg IMG_5011.jpg IMG_5017.jpg IMG_5014.jpg IMG_5021.jpg IMG_5020.jpg IMG_5027.jpg IMG_5028.jpg IMG_5026.jpg IMG_5023.jpg IMG_5024.jpg IMG_5022.jpg

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
You don't see those early dreams too often. Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
What! I am so sick of those things right now. I just got a 62 model on the road that had been stored since the early 80s because someone had worked on it, and am helping a friend restore a 1960 model. Rebuilding the rear shocks right now installing new seals and oil. Then I have a 1963 in parts I keep tripping over. And then there is the later models I have to deal with. On a good note however I am in the process of restoring a 1961 Yamaha YD3 (only around 800 to have been imported to the US), and a 1974 MZ TS-150, not many of them running around now.
TOOLS

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
What! I am so sick of those things right now. I just got a 62 model on the road that had been stored since the early 80s because someone had worked on it, and am helping a friend restore a 1960 model. Rebuilding the rear shocks right now installing new seals and oil. Then I have a 1963 in parts I keep tripping over. And then there is the later models I have to deal with. On a good note however I am in the process of restoring a 1961 Yamaha YD3 (only around 800 to have been imported to the US), and a 1974 MZ TS-150, not many of them running around now.
TOOLS
Really!?, the one in the forth pic down?

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Wow! How cool that must have been! Great pics!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I hate bike shows, makes my riders look like crap.

They will be restored when I retire and passed on to my nephews for another 40 years or so.

Reactions: krukster86
1 - 9 of 9 Posts