Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1/4 inch crack in one of my floats. What's the best way to fix it? Is solder the best or is there something else? Thanks.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Confused...Topic says BOWL... Your blurb seems to indicate the FLOAT....
Yes, carefully solder the float using the minimum amount possible... The slight weight difference can be compensated for by increasing the height setting on that carb ... Trial and error method....

·
Registered
363 Posts
found one on ebay for $25 shiped, seller had 3 so they are around.. after soldering (done it before)(pita) its pretty hard to get the float level perfect again, beter than the sunk float of course, but a nice clean nos part is pretty cool too, specialy for a bike that seems so sensitive to float level changes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually decided to try and find one. I called my vintage guy at Honda and he had them for only $19.00 each. They should be here by tomorrow. Just gotta throw the sealer in the tank and should be good to go.

·
Registered
325 Posts
owdskl said:
I actually decided to try and find one. I called my vintage guy at Honda and he had them for only $19.00 each. They should be here by tomorrow. Just gotta throw the sealer in the tank and should be good to go.
Is that the float bowl or the float itself? I need a float bowl for my CL175 - if I can get one for $19 that's a bargain.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry it's the float itself. Not sure if he would have the float bowl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts