Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty busy today doing something else, but the front number plate kept popping into my head so I dragged my lazy ass into the garage and took the wheel off. I also removed that fender from America because I just don't like it. It's intended for a 19" wheel and mine's an 18", so there you go!

While it was stripped down, I took the opportunity to have another play with the brakes and when I refitted everything, I spent quite some time carefully adjusting the brakes to get them to be as good as they possibly could be. I'm happy to report that the brakes are really starting to bed in now and are definately getting better!

The other mudguard had already had an application of Kurust on the underside, followed by a liberal application of Tetrosyl Waxoyl, so it was ready to fit onto the bike. Once it was in place, I drilled the holes and mounted the new Number Plate. I think it looks pretty cool. How about a photo with that period crash helmet?....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
MadDogMcQ said:
The other mudguard had already had an application of Kurust on the underside, followed by a liberal application of Tetrosyl Waxoyl, so it was ready to fit onto the bike. Once it was in place, I drilled the holes and mounted the new Number Plate. I think it looks pretty cool. How about a photo with that period crash helmet?....

The bike looks great. Help me understand, what is Kurust and what is it for and what is Tetrosyl Waxoyl?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kurust is a rust inhibitor. It allows you to treat rusty parts quickly. You loosen off any flaky rust then apply Kurust. It converts a rusty surface to one which is ready to paint. To show you that its chemicals have "killed" the rust, it turns blue, before eventually going almost black (Photo from my CB250 Blog attached).
Look here.

Waxoyl

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That's some pretty cool stuff. I've seen some products like that over here but never really paid much attention to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts