Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy gang. Total newbie here. I love to use my hands and figured this would be a fun thing to play with and learn some mechanics at the same time. Found a 1972 green CB350 in great looking condition, bought it, rode it home. Now the fun part.

I would love it if some seasoned members could perhaps fill in the blanks for me under the below headings:

1. What to check FIRST to make sure the bike is safe? I've checked the tires (need replacing), brakes seem in good condition, battery need replacing, lights work etc.

2. What to watch out for with these bikes? Common issues?

3. Where can I find good quality replacement parts if I need then? Original if possible but aftermarket if not.

4. Any other advice would be appreciated.

37728971_10156486831265350_5546826567725875200_n.jpg

·
Registered
328 Posts
#1 thing that will save your life is good rubber.

#2 is good brakes.

Common problems ... charging system is terrible. There is a drop-in compatible regulator/rectifier made by Kohler for John Deer tractors that is 20 ish bucks and the best money you can spend.

I'd do that before you put a new battery in it rather than needlessly torture your new battery.

Other common problems is cam chain tension ... but usually only on very high mileage bikes that people want to race.

It looks great man ... you'll be really happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts