Fixed her up
Cleaned her up
Found original seat
First ride to work!

20180430_090624.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Oh yeah! I remember my first ride to work.
Was so worried that it would not make it, lol

7 years and running now.
Just beat the rain this morning, and small window between thunderstorms this afternoon.
Oh the joys, but wouldn't trade it for anything.
Enjoy, and I hope you have many years of riding to work!

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
For a period of a couple years during my early 20s, I only had a bike to get around on (choice was between car and bike, bike won). If I woke up to rain in the morning, I packed my work clothes in a plastic bag along with my shoes, wore a t-shirt, pants and often flip-flops and rode in the rain to get to work, then changed in the bathroom. back then, rainsuits were pretty much useless - you got wet underneath, no matter, if you rode far enough and it was the better part of 20 miles to work. Kind of a PITA at the time, but great when work was over and the weather was beautiful!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
When I was in my 20's a bike was my only form of transportation for years and I rode it through it all (rain, snow, or sun)
Nothing like having to ride with both feet on the ground as you navigate the bike through icy roads LOL Ahh... To be young and stupid again.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I felt like after I'd ridden to work that nobody could tell me having a bike was just a hobby or it was just a toy.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I felt like after I'd ridden to work that nobody could tell me having a bike was just a hobby or it was just a toy.
Absolutely - funny how they are still viewed that way to an extent, isn't it? Yes, they are a sport or "pleasure" vehicle, but they also serve the same purpose as any other form of transportation, getting you to and from. I always enjoyed riding my bikes to work because no matter what kind of day you had there, a ride home was waiting... and way more fun than sitting in a car.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Absolutely - funny how they are still viewed that way to an extent, isn't it? Yes, they are a sport or "pleasure" vehicle, but they also serve the same purpose as any other form of transportation, getting you to and from. I always enjoyed riding my bikes to work because no matter what kind of day you had there, a ride home was waiting... and way more fun than sitting in a car.
Yes exactly, and then there's way back when my Ex-wife didn't want me riding, but for a long while she really, really, really wanted a jet ski... Right!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Classic the wife got a flat and our tire guy was super busy. So next day she took my car to work. I rode the bike! Her car fixed. :(
suddenly nice to have the bike eh

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
In 1991 a coworker had just paid his car off and came in on the next Monday with a shiny new Cbr1000 Hurricane, mid-week his then wife totaled the car in an at-fault accident. She rode to work the rest of that summer, fall, winter and spring on the back of his bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts