Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I live in NJ and l am currently attempting to get my bike running. I placed the bike a 1971 cl350 under a tarp in 1990. This year I built a shed to have a workshop and I’m presently tearing into the job. This will be a runner and not much more.I’ll go to the bay to feed the pigeons. I derusted the ignition parts,added Mukini carbs checked the oil and it started. My problem (1 of many) is the kick start outer spring perch is gone! I picked up a used motor for parts and when I winched it up I saw a broken case, the major part I wanted. So I’m going to run the bike with just electric start. Question- the kick start shaft moved in and out by hand with no pressure at all. Can I remove it or just leave it in place. Should I go into the case and take a peek LOL.
Long winded -sorry.
Any advice will be appreciated.

· Registered
1,711 Posts
Hi "Thomas",

Been in the garden under a tarp for 30 years and it started right up, blimey, go do the lottery !

Good job the valves where not stuck, must have been well " winterised"...

K3 scrambler ?

You know of CMSNL.com for the exploded views, go take a look.

How far in and out does the kick start shaft move with clutch cover on ?

There are a few circlips involved with the kick start mechanism.

Feedback as it helps others...

Dd23

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi "Thomas",

Been in the garden under a tarp for 30 years and it started right up, blimey, go do the lottery !

Good job the valves where not stuck, must have been well " winterised"...

K3 scrambler ?

You know of CMSNL.com for the exploded views, go take a look.

How far in and out does the kick start shaft move with clutch cover on ?

There are a few circlips involved with the kick start mechanism.

Feedback as it helps others...

Dd23
Hello
I’m not sure if you were replying to me but the shaft moves about 3/16 of an inch. New here trying to figure out how to move around the different pages.

· Registered
1,711 Posts
Hi again locomotion ( Thomos the tank engine/locomotive ),

Movement with the clutch cover off...

Find your bike on CMSNL and look at the exploded views to see what's involved with the kick starter mechanism...

How much does it move in and out with the clutch cover on and tight, with a gasket....should be much less movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts