Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was off to my first local motorcycle show today(wife's idea :D ). It wasn't just classic/vintage bikes, so there we're custom "Street Fighter" type bikes. Here's a pic of the CB at the show freshly washed, waxed and polished.

I had fun and I really didn't expect much, "My bike is just an old Honda with low miles, Right?" Well........I turned out pretty well, I road way from my first show with this...........

Thanks for all the help and info from HT.com :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's fantastic !!! Congrat's !! That bike looks better than showroom condition from your pic's.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments! :D I was just suprised with the out come. I know my family and I like the bike, and even my friends and co-workers. But, it was still pretty cool to win something. What I don't like is how the lower forks are loosing thier clear coat and look like there peeling. So, my winter plans are to pull the forks and stripe off the old coating and do a ton of wet sanding and polishing to a high shine. In adition to that, I'm planning to go with fork gaiters and a chrome stone screen for the headlight. And while I have you guys on the hook, what are your thoughts on whitewall tires? Thanks again for the comments!

·
Registered
357 Posts
+1 on the Gaiters, but I don't think the white walls would work. I'm in Cincinnati too, lets go for a ride.

·
Registered
209 Posts
+2 on gaiters -- Unless you plan on turning your bike into a hardtail bobber, NO ON THE WHITEWALLS .

·
Registered
64 Posts
very cool indeed. i have a quick suggestion that will save you some time on the stripping and poilishing, I did it on my bike. 3M makes these little sanding flapwheels in coarse and fine. I used the fine, it takes off the coating pretty easily using a hand drill. I then use three buffing rouges with another hand drill attachment buffing cloth wheel. Sears sells those kits, they come with 3 or 4 rouges and three size wheels. I start witht he dark grey, the white, then the red jewlers polish. It workds really well. Then I finish it off with a few rounds of Macguiars polish, bling bling.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tomgndallas said:
very cool indeed. i have a quick suggestion that will save you some time on the stripping and poilishing, I did it on my bike. 3M makes these little sanding flapwheels in coarse and fine. I used the fine, it takes off the coating pretty easily using a hand drill. I then use three buffing rouges with another hand drill attachment buffing cloth wheel. Sears sells those kits, they come with 3 or 4 rouges and three size wheels. I start witht he dark grey, the white, then the red jewlers polish. It workds really well. Then I finish it off with a few rounds of Macguiars polish, bling bling.
^^Thanks for the info! :)
Here's a quick display plaque that I designed for possible show use. Please give me your thoughts and ideas on make it better. Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
"breaking"?

I'm not too enthused by the gaiters, mainly because with the 360 fork uppers there doesn't seem to be a good place to attach them to so you probably end up banding them to the fork tube. They're not for me, but plenty of people like them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sharkmonkey said:
"breaking"?

I'm not too enthused by the gaiters, mainly because with the 360 fork uppers there doesn't seem to be a good place to attach them to so you probably end up banding them to the fork tube. They're not for me, but plenty of people like them.
Thanks for the info! I was probably going to just band the gaiters as you described, but I am concerned about them riding up on the forks. And as for breaking" I was just describing the braking system for my bike. Do you think it's written incorrectly? Or just not needed?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Wow. That 360 is really, really good looking. Nice rack! ;)

I got a box of stuff with my 200 including a similar rack. I think this just inspired me to try it out on my bike.

Dig the "Future plans..." part of your plaque...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
takereasy said:
Wow. That 360 is really, really good looking. Nice rack! ;)

I got a box of stuff with my 200 including a similar rack. I think this just inspired me to try it out on my bike.

Dig the "Future plans..." part of your plaque...
Thanks :D I love the luggage rack, it fits right in! Now it's time for a vintage/classic trunk for some touring :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts