Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Β·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Below is a pic of my first bike. I just recently purchased this bike. I say it is my first-ish bike because, I originally purchased a CB350Four, but the title was no good. The seller was kind enough to let me return it (Thank goodness). With my returned money, I found this wonderful bike.

I bought it for $2500. Good purchase? (I think so, i hope you do too)

It was decently taken care of. I had to re-thread the left mirror since it was stripped. I adjusted the idle speed so it would stay running. I synced the carbs to the best of my ability. I replaced the battery with a fresh AGM battery. The bike was only firing on one cylinder and luckily it was only a spark plug.

I am super happy with the purchase. This is turning out to be a great bike to learn on, and the little bits of mechanics and maintenance requirements I am learning on the way is half the reason I got it.

Any advice for me as a new mechanic and rider would be greatly appreciated! What general maintaince should I be doing in your opinion? What are common issues I should look out for? etc...

Thanks for looking and for any comments you may have!

-Deshee
🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍

20200530_184840.jpg

Β·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Looks like you did very well. This bike is a great example of a survivor and looks to be in better shape than most, all complete and seemingly all original. Congrats on being one of the lucky few to get a bad purchase resolved with no issues. you need to go over this bike thoroughly, starting with an immediate oil change before riding it much at all, and remember to turn off the fuel each time the key gets turned off. Here's a good checklist to go over for all those things about the bike that you have no knowledge of

Β·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you did very well. This bike is a great example of a survivor and looks to be in better shape than most, all complete and seemingly all original. Congrats on being one of the lucky few to get a bad purchase resolved with no issues. you need to go over this bike thoroughly, starting with an immediate oil change before riding it much at all, and remember to turn off the fuel each time the key gets turned off. Here's a good checklist to go over for all those things about the bike that you have no knowledge of
@ancientdad This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Β·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice ride! Looks like it was well cared for by the previous owner.
Thanks! Good to hear. I know that it was thoroughly checked over about 3 or 4 years ago, but besides from that it just sat. Im super happy to have this bike

Β·
Registered
625 Posts
Nice one, I own the 450 version of your bike, black and gold all the way. They got ugly after 71'.

I'd say you paid a fair price for both buyer and seller.

Enjoy it and don't hesitate to post photos whenever you get a chance.

Β·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one, I own the 450 version of your bike, black and gold all the way. They got ugly after 71'.

I'd say you paid a fair price for both buyer and seller.

Enjoy it and don't hesitate to post photos whenever you get a chance.
I am thinking im going to go over that check list really well this week and try and clean put the chrome and all that. Any recommendations little bits of rust off chrome and wax/cleaning the tank?

Β·
Registered
54 Posts
Your bike looks awesome; I've got a '72 I'm getting together (which isn't ugly IMO; it was '73 when they really got hit with the ugly stick ;) ). For small pits of rust on the chrome, I've found that rubbing some balled up aluminum foil dipped in soapy water over them does a pretty amazing job (aluminum foil is softer than the chrome so won't scratch). Chrome polish as well...

Β·
Registered
625 Posts
Your bike looks awesome; I've got a '72 I'm getting together (which isn't ugly IMO; it was '73 when they really got hit with the ugly stick ;) ). For small pits of rust on the chrome, I've found that rubbing some balled up aluminum foil dipped in soapy water over them does a pretty amazing job (aluminum foil is softer than the chrome so won't scratch). Chrome polish as well...
This is true, 72 and 71 were very similar. Something happened in 73...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts