Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I've been browsing the forums for a while, but was having trouble finding information so I decided to make an account. Last month I bought my first bike! A running CM200T with ~12,600 miles for $650 and I'm looking to start working on it. I want to make it a kind of cafe/scrambler and already have some ideas that I could use some help with. Carbs were rebuilt last fall and the tires are old, but still have plenty of tread. I'm new to doing maintenance myself and might need to get some help on that, here's what I want/need to do:

I don't know when the last time the oil was changed or when the filter was cleaned (it has a centrifugal oil filter), so I just ordered a gasket set and am waiting on that before I change the oil and clean the filter. I've watched plenty of videos on how to do the oil change, but can't find much on bikes with centrifugal oil filters and don't really know what supplies I need to clean it. Other than that (maintenance wise), I'll be swapping the tires soon once I decide on what kind I want. The bike is stock, so the first thing I want to do is swap out the handlebars for less upright ones. I want to keep the bike mostly stock for now, so I think the handlebars are the only big aesthetic change I want to make. I also want to raise the front fender just a bit so it matches the height of the rear fender, but don't really know what I should do so I'm open to ideas! It's attached by a bracket on the front wheel. I can post some pictures, but for now I just have this one:

IMG_20180518_191612.jpg

Thanks for any responses!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Enjoy the bike and customize it how you want.
When you swap the bars you'll find your cables will need to be shortened too. Can't offer any tips on that.
If you move the fender up, try and keep the forks braced for good handling.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I did my centrifugal oil filter on my cl350... basically just remove it and scrub it!

You may have to take a large socket and cut it to remove the oil retaining nut. Waaaay cheaper than buying the honda-rip-off tool.

Clean the pickup screen well...

And be very careful with the circlip. It's thinner than a regular one and can be hard to replace:

Then just clean clean clean...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts