Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
$75??? That's crazy. I remember buying a whole set of finned covers back in '77 for my 750F and I think I paid $12 for all the valve covers, clutch cover and stator cover. Just nuts I say.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MNellis said:
$75??? That's crazy. I remember buying a whole set of finned covers back in '77 for my 750F and I think I paid $12 for all the valve covers, clutch cover and stator cover. Just nuts I say.
Yep, ;) and how much were you earning in 77 :roll:

My first "new" bike cost me $1600 in 84 and the same bike is now $2500 second hand!!

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
otr002 said:
MNellis said:

My first "new" bike cost me $1600 in 84 and the same bike is now $2500 second hand!!

Lets see, I was an E-4 in the Navy about that time making around $450/month.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MNellis said:
otr002 said:
MNellis said:

Lets see, I was an E-4 in the Navy about that time making around $450/month.
450 now that is a coincidence :) so lets see $400 on booze and women and $38 on everything else :p now that leaves $12 for some finned covers :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I plan on messaging the seller and trying to work out a deal on that cover. AFTER/IF no one buys it at that price.. If anyone here has intentions on buying it then go for it I guess... That's an insane price though! :roll:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: MESSAGE SENT TO SELLER

Bird76Mojo said:
I've got one that's finned but it has Honda cast into it. I've been looking for one of these plain finned covers..

Thanks for posting it up here Rod.. ;)

I'll buy the honda one, if your selling, may offset the cost...... ;)

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
I'll keep that in mind Rod..

Although I always seem to have a hard time letting anything go once I buy it for the 450. Whether I use it or not.. :lol:

Do i see a ***** in that armor, ha, I must work in that soft spot :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
otr002 said:
450 now that is a coincidence :) so lets see $400 on booze and women and $38 on everything else :p now that leaves $12 for some finned covers :lol: :lol:

You Aussie's have your priorities wrong. I owned a '76 Honda 750F at the time. I spent most of my money fixing modifying that bike, playing pool, throwing darts and racing around the mountains of San Francisco. The rest of the time I spent at the enlisted club where the "WestPac Widows" were buying me drinks and hoping I'd....well, you get the idea. :)

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MNellis said:
otr002 said:

You Aussie's have your priorities wrong. I owned a '76 Honda 750F at the time. I spent most of my money fixing modifying that bike, playing pool, throwing darts and racing around the mountains of San Francisco. The rest of the time I spent at the enlisted club where the "WestPac Widows" were buying me drinks and hoping I'd....well, you get the idea. :)
What, take them for a ride and they'd be hoping you'd not brake down :lol: :lol: My 400/4 was new, sexy and very reliable, so all that was left to do was party :D :D

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Shame we couldn't have worked out a partial trade for those followers you had...

So what will it take? :twisted: this negotiation is coming along just fine :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
What? You got even MORE NEW FOLLOWERS???

That cover is sounding expensive. I might just spend $75 and have two new fined covers :D :D and as for spares :twisted: I have enough.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Not really expensive. Just curious man.. Trades are fun.

Are you gonna jump on that cover for the listed price??? :shock: If no one here does, I already sent the seller a message about us making a deal if it doesn't sell..

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Not really expensive. Just curious man.. Trades are fun.

Are you gonna jump on that cover for the listed price??? :shock: If no one here does, I already sent the seller a message about us making a deal if it doesn't sell..

Mate i would never do that to you or any other "Twiner" Just giving you a bit of a rev-up :lol:

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
So if it doesn't sell at the listed price, and the guy actually works out a deal with me on it, then what kinda deal were you thinking for my Honda finned one?? I can add cash to any potential deals... ;)

What ya got for me buddy??? Hmmm????? :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.