Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
$75??? That's crazy. I remember buying a whole set of finned covers back in '77 for my 750F and I think I paid $12 for all the valve covers, clutch cover and stator cover. Just nuts I say.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MNellis said:
$75??? That's crazy. I remember buying a whole set of finned covers back in '77 for my 750F and I think I paid $12 for all the valve covers, clutch cover and stator cover. Just nuts I say.
Yep, ;) and how much were you earning in 77 :roll:

My first "new" bike cost me $1600 in 84 and the same bike is now $2500 second hand!!

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
otr002 said:
MNellis said:

My first "new" bike cost me $1600 in 84 and the same bike is now $2500 second hand!!

Lets see, I was an E-4 in the Navy about that time making around $450/month.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MNellis said:
otr002 said:
MNellis said:

Lets see, I was an E-4 in the Navy about that time making around $450/month.
450 now that is a coincidence :) so lets see $400 on booze and women and $38 on everything else :p now that leaves $12 for some finned covers :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I would work it differently:

I spent $400 on booze and women. The other $38 I just wasted. :lol:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I plan on messaging the seller and trying to work out a deal on that cover. AFTER/IF no one buys it at that price.. If anyone here has intentions on buying it then go for it I guess... That's an insane price though! :roll:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
MESSAGE SENT TO SELLER

I've got one that's finned but it has Honda cast into it. I've been looking for one of these plain finned covers..

Thanks for posting it up here Rod.. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: MESSAGE SENT TO SELLER

Bird76Mojo said:
I've got one that's finned but it has Honda cast into it. I've been looking for one of these plain finned covers..

Thanks for posting it up here Rod.. ;)

I'll buy the honda one, if your selling, may offset the cost...... ;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'll keep that in mind Rod..

Although I always seem to have a hard time letting anything go once I buy it for the 450. Whether I use it or not.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
I'll keep that in mind Rod..

Although I always seem to have a hard time letting anything go once I buy it for the 450. Whether I use it or not.. :lol:

Do i see a ***** in that armor, ha, I must work in that soft spot :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
otr002 said:
450 now that is a coincidence :) so lets see $400 on booze and women and $38 on everything else :p now that leaves $12 for some finned covers :lol: :lol:

You Aussie's have your priorities wrong. I owned a '76 Honda 750F at the time. I spent most of my money fixing modifying that bike, playing pool, throwing darts and racing around the mountains of San Francisco. The rest of the time I spent at the enlisted club where the "WestPac Widows" were buying me drinks and hoping I'd....well, you get the idea. :)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MNellis said:
otr002 said:

You Aussie's have your priorities wrong. I owned a '76 Honda 750F at the time. I spent most of my money fixing modifying that bike, playing pool, throwing darts and racing around the mountains of San Francisco. The rest of the time I spent at the enlisted club where the "WestPac Widows" were buying me drinks and hoping I'd....well, you get the idea. :)
What, take them for a ride and they'd be hoping you'd not brake down :lol: :lol: My 400/4 was new, sexy and very reliable, so all that was left to do was party :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Shame we couldn't have worked out a partial trade for those followers you had...

So what will it take? :twisted: this negotiation is coming along just fine :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
What? You got even MORE NEW FOLLOWERS???

That cover is sounding expensive. I might just spend $75 and have two new fined covers :D :D and as for spares :twisted: I have enough.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Not really expensive. Just curious man.. Trades are fun.

Are you gonna jump on that cover for the listed price??? :shock: If no one here does, I already sent the seller a message about us making a deal if it doesn't sell..

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Not really expensive. Just curious man.. Trades are fun.

Are you gonna jump on that cover for the listed price??? :shock: If no one here does, I already sent the seller a message about us making a deal if it doesn't sell..

Mate i would never do that to you or any other "Twiner" Just giving you a bit of a rev-up :lol:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
So if it doesn't sell at the listed price, and the guy actually works out a deal with me on it, then what kinda deal were you thinking for my Honda finned one?? I can add cash to any potential deals... ;)

What ya got for me buddy??? Hmmm????? :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts