Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting a new thread because I didn't want to fill the "how to add pods" one with unuseful information.

So I am looking for new jets for my Cb 400 N, currently i have 78, 108 jets (this where the stock ones in the "N" model) but seems like in italy no one has keihin jets in store here the only thing you can find are dell'orto jets.
I found the size i wanted on jets r us but shipping is 30€ and added to the cost of the jets i'm at 80€, not that I want them for free but I am ordering 6 different sizes of jets and that might not be enough to find the right size, if i happen to need more with another order i will be up to 60€ in shipping and that to me is wasting money, so I wanted to know if there is a place that maybe ships from europe to buy jets from.

The question ends there, from now on I will tell you the adventure of finding jets in my area.
So I went to my favourite dealer and asked him for jets, told him what I needed but he couldn't help me, he was more upset than I was, he has a reputation of having everything moto-related you could ever need, the owner name is Mario...
So i went to 3 different part dealers and all of them told me "You should ask Mario" yeah very helpful... so I found the Honda official part dealer, seems promising.... I go inside ask for jets "Oh yeah no problem, what model and year?" "cb 400 n 1981, But I don't want stock jets, I want these measures" and i proceed to tell him what I wanted, and he goes like "No you have to give me the circulation book (I don't know how it's called outside italy, It's a pice of paper that says you own the bike and it's road legal) and I will order the jets honda provided with this bike" and here starts a 20 minutes conversation about why I want to change jets at some point I ask him "if I happened to live on the alps you would sell me jets that would make the bike run like crap just because Honda provided the bike with 78-108 jets?" and I left the shop before he could stop stuttering tring to find an answer.
So I start going in shops that where open in workshops that where open in mid 90s hoping they still had jets lying around, but i had no luck, so I was advised to go to Team Gallina's shop, I didn't go there because I felt embarassed to go and talk to the guy that tuned moto gp bikes back in 1975 with my bike, not that I have a bad bike but it feels like asking Einstein to do simple algebra.
Here is their site in case you want to check who they are I am afraid it's only in italian... but you can have a look at cool pics lol Home - Team Gallina

The story pretty much ends there with me spending some time on the internet with poor results, If you have any idea please let me know

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Try these numbers with your Honda dealer...
i.e. 991014431250 = #125, (the size of the jet is in the part number...google the sizes you want).
If it doesn't come up as a Honda jet, it may use the 991011660750 = #75
I don't know what sizes you want , but by inserting different sizes, you may be able to order them through your Honda dealer.

Here's an example of a size not listed for your bike : 991011661300 = #130 jet. Genuine Honda part.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking for 98-95-92 and 130-128-125 now i am on the phone and it's a pain checking what you provided. Thank you in advance I will try again with the honda dealer tomorrow if i find some spare time

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI GRA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,797 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts