Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happened across this ad for a complete Honda 450D in the Walneck's Cycle Trader mag. I WANT but cant afford it...maybe you can haggle a fair deal? look here if interested:

http://www.walnecks.com/find/listing/1970-HONDA-450-96560731

EDIT: not sure why the pic doesnt show on the link page... does it work for you?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
No pics for me either but I don't think they made a 'D' model in 1970 or '69. I could be wrong but can't tell without a picture.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen the photos and indeed the bike has the "D" model parts including the high pipes on each side. also, the D models were add on parts that fit multi- K models. it was an effort to move sluggish sales. I'll see if i can find a photo to illustrate...

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
The D-model was a retrofit "kit", sent to dealers prior to the release of the first CL's.
Tank/pipes/seat/air cleaner covers were included. Maybe some other stuff too, not sure.

Typically, all the converted D's were 4-speeds........all CL's were 5-speed.

It's unclear how many were actually converted - even on 50 year old models, Honda steadfastly refuses to release any production numbers - I know because I've tried for years to get them to give me info.
They just claim it's proprietary info.........
So any production numbers for any model that you ever read anywhere were not released by Honda.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts