Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this weekend im doing a pickup/delivery of this cm400 in xs frame for a guy i know. he only wants a few parts, the remains are mine to do with as i like. I dont have any past experience in CM400's.... what do ya'll think of this engine? is it worth dropping into a 350 or 450 frame running around town? feedback appreciated! danWI

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
danWI said:
so this weekend im doing a pickup/delivery of this cm400 in xs frame for a guy i know. he only wants a few parts, the remains are mine to do with as i like. I dont have any past experience in CM400's.... what do ya'll think of this engine? is it worth dropping into a 350 or 450 frame running around town? feedback appreciated! danWI
Well, I used the wheels and front end from a 400T on my 450, with fair results....

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
tbpmusic said:
danWI said:
Well, I used the wheels and front end from a 400T on my 450, with fair results....

With STELLAR results...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
The engine mounts are entirely different since the 400 engine acts as part
of the frame. Parts like the side covers and gas tank will bring good money
on e'bay and of course you can probably find someone willing to pay the
shipping for stuff you can't use just to help you get rid of it. :roll:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhhhhh, diff mounts eh? i wonder if the ct360T frame will be better suited for this engine... that frame would be easier to make engine plates for. worse to worse, i'll part her here. thanks for the lead, danWI

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i picked up bike and pulled engine from VERY CRAMPED frame this afternoon. good looking 80'S CM400T engine with compression. now what to do with it? the engine shelf is gettign full of engines these days :lol:

J-T: thanks for the advice! sadly, i only recieved the engine so the side covers and tank are gone.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
danWI said:
now what to do with it? the engine shelf is gettign full of engines these days :lol:

J-T: thanks for the advice! sadly, i only recieved the engine so the side covers and tank are gone.

Put it in the garage next to the one I have - I've been trying to get rid of a '79 CB400T engine (less than 3,000 miles) for a year now. Still have the tank and side covers.......

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds like our engines should be grafted into a wicked 4-cylinder! i have a cbx frame around here somewheres..... :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts