Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda find it hard to believe this hasn't come up a million times already, but either it hasn't, or the search function isn't working correctly. So here it is...
What is yer favorite Oil?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. It actually came up with threads here on a Google search, not the forum search function. Weird.
Anyways, I got more than enough info. Please delete this topic moderator.
Thx! Sorry about that

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm on ~10 different forums, haven't found any of the imbedded search functions very effective. Same goes for parts searches on many sites. Google part or number and the name of the site you want it on.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
All you really need to know is to buy a good oil with a high level of zinc additive (I'm using Brad Penn from a speed shop), and you can even buy a zinc additive to add to the oil as well. As for the potential clutch slippage because of it, I have a CL450K5 with a pretty healthy-built engine and my clutch doesn't slip at all, even on powershifts - and it has plain old aftermarket replacement clutch plates in it, nothing exotic like Barnett, so unless you go way overboard with the additive you'll be fine all around and it will help the friction level at the most sensitive parts like cam and rockers

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like the Rotella T4 15/40 which is a good $ deal for a gal. avail. locally at most stores by the gal. and it has the correct additives for motorcycle trans./clutches.
+1 for Rotella T4. I had to switch back after putting in full synthetic w/zddp. No clutch slippage but hard to find neutral and shifts were quite notchy. Rotella in and it's like butter again. Just hope the top end gets lubed.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I use Shell Advance 10W40 full synth motorcycle oil. But I also have a paper filter conversion. Synth oil does not work well in a spinner oil filter engine. Plus my engine is cleaned and completely rebuilt with new seals etc.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have used Rotella T4 15/40 for years works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.