Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son found a nice little project. We were able to pick it up for $1000 after a lot of haggling. It wasn't until we got her home that I realized we got a swinging deal. In the four boxes of parts I found receipts from the owner who started the build in 2015. Here's a list of what he did.

• Powder Coat frame and hubs.
  • Custom wheels with new stainless spokes
  • Mikuni Carbs
  • Engine rebuild to include boring, new pistons, and cam chain
  • pamco ignition
  • New Avon tires
  • had the tank custom worked and sealed
  • Brand new two into exhaust, and included a 360 high header set.
  • new cables
  • both sets of brakes completely rebuilt
  • rear set billet pegs
  • new gauges

I'm sure I'm missing something. Needless to say we got us a nice little project for next to nothing. One kick and she fires right up. Really looking forward to getting her on the road and seeing what she's got.

We are going to make some changes. I ordered new controls, blinkers, rear tail light, riders, handlebar, dust guards for the forks, etc. we are going to more towards a street tracker/scrambler look.

Here are some pictures of the current state of the bike.
Cb5.jpg CB4.jpg cb6.jpg CB2.jpg

·
Registered
1975 CL360
117 Posts
What model and year is that? Did the powdercoated frame retain the VIN tag on the front stem? I would guess that is a CB350 model, but the tank and front fork look newer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at that bike for weeks on Facebook, that was a really good deal but pretty far away and I wanted an original tank but could have picked one of those up. Would have been a perfect cafe racer build for me with all the heavy lifting done.
Congrats, that's a great price for all that!
Yea, I had been talking to the guy for a while. I think he just decided to get it out of the garage. He wasn't the original builder of the bike he had a tone of parts but really didn't seem to know a whole lot about it, aside from the obvious. I was pleasantly surprised when i saw it in person. I think from the money spent and the original direction of the bike, the guy who started the build was thinking of racing it. We'll see how it goes, I'm thinking a month or two she'll be on the road.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What model and year is that? Did the powder coated frame retain the VIN tag on the front stem? I would guess that is a CB350 model, but the tank and front fork look newer.
I have the VIN tag, from the looks of it. It's a 1973 CB350K supersport.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted my seat to fit nice and tight, so I decided to try and build my own seat pan. I didn’t want the typical seat on the frame look with a loop. So I’m making a pan, and hopefully adding a fender that will snug right up to the seat. If anyone has a rear fender laying around I would be interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
That's a great buy. Just the parts and labour to get it that far, your well ahead of the game.

I have an extra cm450 rear fender that's in nice shape. I'll post a picture and some dimensions. If you can make it work I'll send it too you for the shipping cost.

·
Registered
725 Posts
DSC01215.JPG
DSC01219.JPG
DSC01218.JPG

71/4" at the widest point. The plank it is sitting on in the one photo is a true 2x12 (2x10's it's leaning against) to give some scale. The chrome has light pitting, I gave it a dusting with steel wool before the photo. No dents or gouges.

DSC01214.JPG

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today, I did dust covers on the forks, put new handle bars on, with risers I bought on eBay, I relocated and mounted the gauges.

I took 2” off the handle bars they seemed wide. I really like the look. I found out I need a new throttle cable and I don’t like my clutch lever it feels cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mock up has started on the new wiring harness. This bike is going to be so simple cool with no electric start. Starting to get excited to see where this thing ends up.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got half the bike wired over the weekend, custom seat ordered, working on fitting a rear fender. Shouldn't be long now and we'll see how IMG_3440 (1).jpg she rides.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts