Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm sure this has already come up, but I've looked through various threads and been unable to find a solid answer.
The '69 CB350 isn't listed in lot's of parts diagrams or model listings. I'm currently trying to source gaskets and an oil filter cover, but can't find the specific part numbers to ensure a correct fit.
Are the parts for the K1 mostly identical to the K0, or was there a drastic change? If anyone could direct me to a K1 parts fiche, or let me know which model I should base my measurements on I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The K1 is an unofficial moniker. It is K0 as far as the parts fiche is concerned, so you can just use that for looking up the parts you need.
So, all parts for the '68 and '69 model are identical?

P.S Thanks for the speedy reply.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
You are most welcome :)
Yup for most part. Changes were mainly cosmetic (tank stripe, pleated seat etc) Part changes will be shown in the fiche. Engine parts will show the engine number from which the part changed. For other parts they show the frame number.
I am pretty sure engine gaskets and such are identical on both models.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Ninad is correct.....
K0 were sold in 68/69 and SLIGHT changes (paint, seat pleated, etc) occurred after frame number CB350-1020596 which were then given the '69 "K1" model designation....
Mostly, the K0 parts numbers will be correct for your bike, especially engine parts.....

John (Outobie) mighht be able to add IF the carbs were changed at all as far as "setting" marks.....I can't remember....

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
One difference is the float level spec. The very early bikes had rectangular shaped floats and had a 19mm level specified. After engine #1045164, it changed to 21mm. Then after engine #1065278, it changed again to 26mm.

I think, but am not sure, that the 19mm spec was only for the 1968 bikes. Maybe someone knows by the S/N breaks. The complete chart of specs is HERE.

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
CB350K1
Sell Date: 1969
Rel Date: 05/01/69
Product Code: 287 (Middle number of Honda part numbers)
Frame number: CB350-1020596
Engine number: CB350E-1045165
Colors:
  • Candy Blue/White
  • Candy Red/White (shown)
  • Green/White
Changes:
  • Stripe added to gas tank (under "HONDA" script).
  • New wider gas tank with increased capacity.
  • Pleated seat.
  • Rectangular taillight lens.

the 68 CB350 K0 was the first year for the new model. they were lots of significant technologies that were first applied to this bike. as such it went through some teething pains. incremental changes were made throughout the K0 model between 68 and 69 to address these teething pains. heads and cams were different in early 68 k0s and changed in later 68 k0s., front reflectors were added, front brake light switches were added, paint schemes were changed, the carbs were changed twice, flashers were changed, starter solenoid were changed, seats became pleated, mufflers were separated from headers, gussets were added to the head stock...all these changes were done incrementally between 68 and 69 without having a major new "K" release till February 1970 which was called the K2. if you look in the early parts fiche, the serial numbers for parts changes are not uniform but all over the place

1 - 7 of 7 Posts