Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, trying to fix an exhaust leak on a CM400t. Does anyone know of any thicker exhaust Gaskets? I. Reluctant to double them up, anyone have any experience in this area?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
I noticed in the pic you posted in the exhaust thread that your exhaust s unsupported. That's a good amount of weight and leverage against those little 6MM studs. This might be your problem.

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
The stock exhaust gaskets are a full 4mm thick, that's .157" if you need a thicker gasket to create a good seal the problem may lie elsewhere.

When you made your pipe (nice work) is the flange seat ring on the pipe the same dimensions as stock, and between the flange seat ring and the end of the pipe, is that the same length as stock too? Wall thickness at pipe ends too?

You may be able to simply run a bead of weld around the ends of both headpipes where they connect to the head, then with a sharp file and a machinists square you could carefully clock in the faces of the pipes to 90 degrees.

Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan,

Thanks! It was a fun learning experience. Plenty of tthingsi will do different the next time around but I sure do love the sound.

I like the idea of adding to the flange and filing it down to fit. I ordered some more stock gaskets and will try to reseat the exhaust. If it still leaks I will break out the welder and fix it for good!

Ryan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post a video once I get it all sealed up. I have a new stero audio recorder I am looking forward to trying out. Should capture some good sounds.

Ryan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd like to hear it, maybe a video when you've got it sorted?
This one is off the phone. I love it. Would be kinda obnoxious on the street, lots of drone. On the track in short bursts it sounds great! Here is the link to the video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts