Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the exhaust collars that slip between the flange and the header that hold the flange and header together when you bolt the exhaust to the engine. I assumed the CB360 parts would work but they don't for some reason. The CB collars are too small. I looked up the part numbers and they are different. The flange parts are the same though.

The parts I need are seemingly hard to find online new or used. Has anyone made something to work in place of getting those collars in the past?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am trying to find the exhaust collars that slip between the flange and the header that hold the flange and header together when you bolt the exhaust to the engine. I assumed the CB360 parts would work but they don't for some reason. The CB collars are too small. I looked up the part numbers and they are different. The flange parts are the same though.

The parts I need are seemingly hard to find online new or used. Has anyone made something to work in place of getting those collars in the past?
EBay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Clarified above

·
Registered
308 Posts
I did not know CJ had different collars, although the exhausts are entirely different...

I've used CB350 flanges on my CB360, but the 350 inner collars were different than the CB360 ones (forgot if shorter or longer).
Perhaps if you cant find them, making them would not be too hard either. If you have access to a lathe (or know someone who has), I'd just make them out of a solid material (or if I just had the tube of the right thickness), and cut it in half afterwards. Stainless steel would probably be fine for such application. Just bending them out of sheet metal may not be not be strong enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts