Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 1972 CL350 with under 9K in very nice cosmetic condition but has been sitting for 10yrs. First, I would appreciate any input on weak points to look for on this bike. I've been day dreaming about doing a cafe. Cosmetically the bike is beautiful. That being said the upper muffler where it meets the header pipe is rusted through and missing the front heat shield. Thinking I may cut the pipes at the muffler full length and trim ears for front heat shield, and even though the chrome is perfect, doing a exhaust rap. Can anyone tell me if there is a nice way to do a small baffle into the factory pipe and if there is a preferred length or cutting point on the pipe? Just looking to tone it down slightly so my and my sweeties ears don't bleed? Also wondering if you guys that have done this can give me any direction on jetting? I'm at approx. 3500 ft. here in the big sky state.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Food for thought: before you cut up your stock exhaust, be aware that CL350 exhaust systems in fairly rough condition are going on eBay for anywhere between $220 and $280 US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the note. It's always a struggle whether to modify a nice bike or keep it 100% original or not.

The lower/left hand pipe and both muffler heat shields are very nice but the upper/right hand rust hole is the size of a golf ball so it's not repairable. It's missing the front heat shield also, not that I couldn't go on the hunt for a nice one. If I could find a used set in rough condition I'd be more than happy to keep or sell my good pipe/muffler and shields for the cause.

Haven't purchased the bike yet due to title problems. And I may change my mind and go stock with it yet.... or at least for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts