Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, have to ask for a few minutes of your time to discuss some important changes that we'll be making to HondaTwins.net.

With the increasing number of new members and topics, the site moderators have discussed and decided to change the layout of the site to introduce sub-groups for each of the different 'groups' or Honda twins. These new sub-groups would effectively replace the existing 'Technical Info' section and its sub-groups, as well as the 'Honda - 450's' section. All other sections of the forum will stay as they currently are today.

The new layout would consist of four new groups:
  • Smaller twins - 125 to 200 cc's (CA,CB,CL,SS)[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • 250's, 350's and 360's twins - (CB,CL, and CJ)[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • DOHC 450 and 500's (CB and CL's)[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • SOHC Twins - 250/400/450 (includes CB,CM, and "Rebels")[/*:m:1nk0fndo]

Within each of these new groups, there would be seven sub-groups for different type topics:
  • Manuals and Technical Documents[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • Engine Discussion[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • Fuel supply and carburation[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • Electrical Discussion[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • Frame, suspension and steering[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • Tires, wheels, and brakes[/*:m:1nk0fndo]
  • Miscellaneous Discussion[/*:m:1nk0fndo]

Our hope is that this new structure will help to organize the topics and also help out with the search functionality.

Once we start this migration, we'll be locking the 'Technical Info' and 'Honda - 450's' sections so no updates/additions can be made to these areas. All new technical topics will have to be in the new sections. Also, we hope to do this move with as minimal an impact to everyone as possible, but recognize that there may be impacts occasionally, especially with current topics. We ask for your patience. If you do run into issues though, feel free to PM myself or any of the moderators.

We are planning on starting this move as soon as possible, so you may notice the changes soon. We may start moving the older, non-active topics now to get a head start on the task. In a day or two we'll be locking the ''Technical Info' and 'Honda - 450's' sections and everything will need to happen in the new sections. I'll update this note when we this phase is

Thank you and we hope you like the new layout.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Re: HondaTwins.net - Forum Layout Changes

Sounds good to me. :D

Of course, with my degree of computer illiteracy I don't have a clue what it is that you are doing but I do sincerely thank you for doing it. Geezers like me benefit greatly from your efforts.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts

Perry...Possible point of confusion....
There are several distinct 250 twin engine types...The 71 to 73 CB baby brother to the CB 350, ... the CB250N which is the smaller brother of the CB400 Hawk, ....and then the sibling of the CM 185 and CM200, which was also called a CB250 (nighthawk and rebel type)....How do we differentiate?...and where do we put them?

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Would also including a range of model years on the section titles help? e.g. 250's, 350's and 360's twins - (CB,CL, and CJ) - 19?? - 19??

·
Registered
59 Posts

Yes Perry, that would be a bettter way to quick access the diffrent models. Thats why this forum is great, diffrent suggestions make for ease of use. Any help you might need on research let me know. Oh by the way your choke plate should be arriving any day now. Lets hope, haha

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

doug350 said:
Oh by the way your choke plate should be arriving any day now. Lets hope, haha
You must be psychic :shock: , it was waiting for me when I got home from work. Thanks again for sending it, really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well after countless hours of clicking, clicking and more clicking, the moderators have successfully moved the majority of the topics within the 'Technical Issues' and '450's' section. The only remaining topics in these areas are currently active topics and others that are general in nature and don't apply to just one type of bike. So, very shortly we'll be opening up the new sections. So, on a go forward basis please create new topics within the appropriate sections based on what type of bike its for. Once we are complete with all the moves we'll shutting down the 450's section and renaming the 'Technical Issues' section to be the repository for general, non bike-specific type posts.

Please let me, or any of the moderators, know if you have any problems, suggestions or questions, and we'll do our best to help.

Also, please join me in thanking the moderators who gave up a considerable amount of their own time to make this happen. We believe this is a big step forward for HondaTwins.net and we hope you agree.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ - HondaTwins.net - Forum Layout Cha

Hey Perry!

I'm in my usual state of confusion, and looking for the CB350 manual that used to be on the site. The new split reads "250, 305 etc." and thinking it might be a typo I went looking there - but didn't see it. Am I just confused in public again??

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey Bob, its not a typo, the 250, 305 section is for a separate group of twins. We tried to group them based on their similarities and the 250, 305 were different enough to warrant their own group. Znabb pointed you in the right direction, to the 250, 350, 360 section.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts

Hmmm. I'm logged in, yet get "You are not authorised to read this forum." when I hit Ronny's link....I also don't / can't see the 350 grouping....maybe it's my halitosis acting up again??

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

BobAgain said:
Hmmm. I'm logged in, yet get "You are not authorised to read this forum." when I hit Ronny's link....I also don't / can't see the 350 grouping....maybe it's my halitosis acting up again??
I just fixed the 350 grouping, so you should be able to see that now and Ronny's link should work for you. Thanks for the pointing this out and letting us know these issues.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts

HerrDeacon said:
Hey Bob, its not a typo, the 250, 305 section is for a separate group of twins. We tried to group them based on their similarities and the 250, 305 were different enough to warrant their own group. Znabb pointed you in the right direction, to the 250, 350, 360 section.
Shouldn't there be a separate section for 250/350 models until '73 and 250/360 models '74 and on? They are completely different engines, etc.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

Can't read the "engine discussion" section.
And Steve no longer has an avatar.....

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

tbpmusic said:
Which 'engine discussion' section Bill? All of them, or just for one particular section? I just tested your permissions and everything seemed to work. Let me know what section and I'll take another look.

Not sure what's on the go with Steve's avatar, wondering if he changed it?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

HerrDeacon said:
tbpmusic said:
Which 'engine discussion' section Bill? All of them, or just for one particular section? I just tested your permissions and everything seemed to work. Let me know what section and I'll take another look.

Not sure what's on the go with Steve's avatar, wondering if he changed it?
I think it was the 360 section, but it seems to work now, so..........

My only comment is that the Board Index page is sort of overwhelming now, lots of scrolling.
What about the thought of drop down menus to expand each "section"??
In other words, click on 450 DOHC, and the sub-categories appear........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts