Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 1968 Honda CB350 that seller claimed sat for 4 years and didn’t run, but ran well before storage. Got home and figured first thing I’d do is clean the carbs, new spark plugs, and put in a new battery and see what happens. I have taken the carbs apart 2 times now for inspection and cleaning. Seems fine. I get fuel at the Petcock, and fuel appears to be getting into the carbs as when I took them back off, there was fuel inside. If I spray starter fluid in the carbs, the bike will start and run for a second and then die.

Using a car battery for for now as I test so I don’t kill my new battery for the bike. Plenty of power. All lights and stuff work fine. Bike is in nuetral, and green light works.

I am at a loss... I figure if it didn’t run on ether, then I have a longer checklist right? Like timing, etc... but if I can get it to run for a second on ether, it has to be fuel delivery right?

Air should be a given in this case. Tested plugs for spark and good there.

I am ready to just buy new carberators, but dont want to waste money if it could be something else.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts