Honda Twins banner

Engine Top-End Last Minute Questions

900 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cottagethyme 
#1 ·
Ready to reassemble but the Clymer manual has me second guessing a few things:

Page 72 warns "be sure to discard O-rings and replace them with the new ones, or oil leakage will be sure to occur."
The figure depicts a o-ring around a dowel on the rear corner engine cylinder stud which channels oil. The gasket kit did not supply two and I don't remember removing them (CB350).

I don't remember if the CB350 has valve guide seals. There were none in my kit (there are in my CB360 kit). The valve guides have no channel to snap them. Shoud I install them?

Last question. The Clymer manual states to "Coat the cylinder base with gasket cement, and install a new gasket. I pre-coated the base gasket with copper sealent with the rest. I would think that would suffice. I have Yamabond if needed.

Thanks for the support. Did I tell you it's 5 am?

#2 ·
I read here enough times that Clymer manuals sometimes have their own version of reality that I would hate to trust my engine to a rebuild based upon one. Do you have access to the FSM for your model? If not, perhaps someone here would be willing to share their... knowledge.

Regards,

#3 · (Edited)
Others will be along with answers to your assembly questions but in the mean time, I'm sending you a PM about the factory service manual. You might benefit from a more reliable source of information.:wink:

Edit: Drat! Usually it's Jim that beats me to the trigger!:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.