Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most likely been asked and answered before, but I'll ask anyway. I have a K7 engine I want to put into my BB. How easy wil it be and what issues could I have? Thanks rollie in NS.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Bolts right in..... BB does not have regulator, 5-speeds use them (minor detail)...
You will need the 5-speed exhaust "stars" /clamps as well becuse of bolt size/spacing differences (also minor)..........

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the info on the engine swap, makes life simpler. BTW, I have re-registered as blue..BB to by-pass problems with my computer. Hope this solves them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Engine Swap/Copper Head Gaskets

Anyone ever used copper head gaskets? I'm going to do a top end overhaul on the K7 engine and find the copper from the US, (Arizona) is cheaper and appears to be a better product. Comments? rollie in NS . bluenose bomber (AKA bluenoser8)

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I've used coppers on racers....No reason they won't work as well on stockers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good to know. Now what thickness would be right? (.016/.021/.032 or more) I'm not going OS, just doing a hone and new rings. rollie

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Thinnest will yield highest compression.... Judge by measuring old one.....

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Keep in mind when using a thinner copper gasket, that if you bump up your compression ratio too much, you may be stuck with always using high octane fuel to avoid pinging.. I'd try to stay close to the stock gasket thickness but also would'nt be afraid to bump it up a little bit..

Food for thought...

Also, where do you plan on getting that copper head gasket? Any links?

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Copper Gasket Unlimited, Peoria, AZ. I plan on sending them the old one and they will make a match. I don't want to raise the compression by much, if at all. It's mostly a cost issue.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'd also ask them if the copper gasket has to be annealed (with a small torch or similar) before installation, or if you can just torque it down, then after getting the engine to full operating temperature, re-torque it or verify the torque again..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts