Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was letting my bike warm up before taking it for a round and then it stalled. It had been running for about 5-10 minutes. Tried kick starting it, but engine wouldn’t turn. Kick goes all the way down and up again, but it won’t catch to turn over the engine. Tried using electric start and it wouldn’t turn over. Acts like it’s seized. It has brand new oil, pistons and rings aren’t even a year old, has been in the garage and out of the rain. Checked the oil anyway just to make sure and oil levels are fine. Scratching my head at this. Thoughts and suggestions needed please!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Sounds like your kick mech is not engaging.

Remove the generator cover and use a 14mm socket or wrench to see if it turns counter clockwise

Edit: you sure the battery isn't dead?

Edit 2: oops. I assumed your bike may be a certain year and model so my above advice may not be valid. Can you confirm year and model?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
put the bike in 3rd or 4th gear and try to roll it. Is it is seized it will not budge.

·
Registered
805 Posts
For future reference idling an air cooled bike for 10 minutes is not a good idea, try not to let it idle for than a couple minutes. I just shut mine off if I wont be moving for that long, even in traffic. You might have actually heat seized it but I thought they unseized after cooling down. Try the tests above, the rotor cover will depend on the model but the idea is the same. Charging battery is a good idea too

·
Registered
315 Posts
Put it in second or third gear and try to bump-roll it backwards, while sitting on the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts