Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good resource that would take a newbie through an engine rebuild for a 72 CB350???

Thanks

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
How much of a newbie?...Completely clueless, or mechanically inclined (competant) but unfamiliar with the specifics of this bike's engine?... If you have SOME idea how the engine works, almost any shop manual will do..... As to specificly step by step, bolt by bolt, there are none.... Manual and parts guide are available on this site ...Use the search feature...... Ask questions BEFORE applying excessive force......Several members have details on their project posts....Read those first.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know my way around but haven't torn an engine down before. I will look through the forum and see what I can find.

Thanks

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Cool.... It wasn't anything personal, just everybody asks about the manuals when a one minute search would have located it.... As we get to know you better, we will be able to provide details and proceedures explained appropriately to your skill level/understanding.... It is hard to ascertain that from just one post..... Welcome aboard!....... :D Steve

·
Registered
148 Posts
Badger 5 said:
I know my way around but haven't torn an engine down before.
If/when you do take pictures of your progress and post them. There's no such thing as too much documentation for others who will need it and you'll always get something in the pic or a different angle that nobody else has and it will help someone eventually.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Indeed keep a good photographic record, I have a feeling I'm going to be rebuilding my 360 very shortly, at least the top end. Are there any special tools that will be completely necessary? i.e. spring compressors....

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
You will certainly need a torque wrench for this undertaking. You may also wanna invest in the "oil-spinner socket tool" and some circlip pliers (innys and outys :cool: )

The valve spring compressor is good to have but not essential if ya gonne have the seats cut by a pro, just leave it to them.

Good luck with it and be patient. Check out my 360 engine rebuild for a heads up (located in the projects section).

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I would suggest making sure you have every replacement part on hand first. I.E. your new pistons/piston rings/valves, and an engine gasket set.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
krukster86 said:
I would suggest making sure you have every replacement part on hand first. I.E. your new pistons/piston rings/valves, and an engine gasket set.

Just be sure before ordering, what size of pistons/rings are actually in the engine already. Could be oversized..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts