Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had a minor seeping from the cylinder to head gasket after I had to take it apart and do a lil fix if one of the intake valves. Nothing horrible but annoying. Now that I’ve been in a rider coach course the oil is leaking pretty good today to where you can see the dripping while running,but it’s coming from the front and I notice it’s coming from the head in the area what looks to be where you can see the two inner forward head bolts? Maybe the gaskets/rubber is worn out in the headbolts? Or is there soemthing more I’m missing? What’s a good gasket set to pick up and from where? Good price?

On a side note, I know it was seeping some oil out the cable oil for the tach that was broken when I bought the bike, so I decided to screw in a short screw to see if that helps?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Did you use sealer, Honda Bond, on the rocker stand to head mating surfaces? A light smear is needed there to seal them

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did t out any sealer if any sort on as I didn’t see anything but the stock gasket there? You wouldn’t happen to have a picture of where exactly it should go? On a side note, where/who/how much is there a engine gasket kit for the top end of any? Should go Honda only or is there reproductions worth a crap? The only one I seem to have a problem with so far atm is the base of the head. And I need to do something about the hike for the tach hole

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
If you read the Cylinder head section of the FSM it shows the rocker stands and says to add sealer to the mating surfaces for the rockers. I prefer using stock gaskets myself but the Vesrah gaskets do seem to be quite good. Not impressed with Athena.
Best cure for the tach hole is to use the E model cover, never had a tach so no hole. Next would be an old tach cable plugged with the dreaded RTV, yeah I said to use RTV on a motorcycle :eek::lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts