Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way I read the numbers at HONDA350K INDEX my bike is production number 1024 and my engine is 88621. Which tells me I have a k0 bike with a 69 motor. Would that be correct? If so does that change anything from a repair perspective? I know there are some differences in k0 engines and K1, provided the internet is correct.
Also, as to an aftermarket manual, is clymers ok?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
That would depend on if it's a CB or CL model......

WHY would you use an aftermarket manual when the Honda Factory Service Manual is available?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
First, get a real shop manual - the FSM (factory service manual) is always the best (despite every manual having some level of misprints, at least it's from the actual manufacturer). The K1 engine numbers begin at 45165, so it seems your engine number is a K1. I'm not nearly as familiar with the differences between early 350 engines, but plenty of others will be along to help with that. I've attached the info from the Honda ID Guide about the early CL350s

CL350.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Also, now that you've passed 10 posts you can add your bike model to your signature so everyone will know what bike you're talking about when you post questions

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
The Clymer manual is certainly better than nothing but it does have some errors. Basic stuff, valve adjusting and timing, etc, it's ok. Some folks around here would rather hang it up in an outhouse somewhere and use it for toilet paper.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I've got several Clymer manuals around here for various cars and motorcycles. Thumb through them and you see a lot of text and images, photocopied from official shop manuals(don't know they get by the copyright thing). The rest of the space is filled with generic mechanic related info, probably so they can protect their copyright.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I don't think it matters much as far as repairs between k0 and k1.
I saw from your other thread that you have the early carbs.
The cam chain tensioning device may be different than later models... something to read up on.
Post a pic of your wheels. The early ones were cosmetically very slightly different

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have the digital FSM, but I really like books. Old style that way. I am also looking for a factory accessories catalog to get an understanding and some part numbers for things like a rack.
Shot lots of pictures but don't recall any of wheels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts