Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to tune the engine on my 71 cl350, but every time I try and rotate the engine to the compression stroke it gets very loose and doesn't stay on the LT mark and shoots past it. I have to force it to stay on LT so that means I can't do a valve adjustment properly since I would have to hold the engine on LT. Does anyone know why this is happening?

It also feels like it doesn't have very good compression cause I can barely feel it when I place my finger in the spark plug hole. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
173 Posts
First, welcome to the forum!

Yep, that's the engine "running by" the LTC on the compression stroke. I put a wrench on the rotation nut and hook a bungy to the wrench and secure the other end of the bungy to the bike to hold the crank in place at the LT mark.

For compression, you'll need to use a tool and do a proper compression check.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Don't worry about it, both rockers are still on the base circle even at 90° past tdc. Look at the valve timing specs in the FSM.

Reactions: TOOLS1

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First, welcome to the forum!

Yep, that's the engine "running by" the LTC on the compression stroke. I put a wrench on the rotation nut and hook a bungy to the wrench and secure the other end of the bungy to the bike to hold the crank in place at the LT mark.

For compression, you'll need to use a tool and do a proper compression check.
Thank you for replying so quickly, I will do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts