Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone selling a turn key cb450 engine? I am done trying with my POS. I'm in elyria Ohio and willing to make a trip for something nice. Doesn't have to pretty just running. Thanks

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don’t really know. Decent compression and valves look clean. Carbs are clean and timing seems right but it just runs terribly. I inherited someone else’s problem. I need to take it apart again and start from scratch.

· Premium Member
691 Posts
Have you checked your valve timing? I had a similar problem that turned out to be, after tearing my hear out, to the valve timing.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe timing is off. The bike will not rev up. I have tried dialing in the carbs but have had no luck. Also PO never got it running right. Bike has a 2into1 and no tach so its making it hard to troubleshoot my issues. I don't know if its even jetted for the pods and exhaust correctly. I know both are firing because both pipes are hot.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up finding a carb slide stuck in the cap on one carb. Carbs were supposedly gone through by PO. Jets were literally mangled, ears broken off and twisted. I got it out easily but the slide barley goes back in with force. Its like the cap is out of round. No burs or nicks. It is fine once its in 2/3 of the way but gets seized up on the top 1/3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts