Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ive rattle caned a few, even powder coated a couple but the one I liked the best I took to a auto body shop and had it painted 2002 ford truck silver and clear coated.

Bill

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I used the 1615 and it looks pretty good.

Honestly if I do another bike I will not paint anything on the engine. I will have it glass bead blasted and then coat it with Corrison X and wipe it down often.

Reactions: Bill H

·
Registered
625 Posts
+1 on Dupli-Color aluminum engine enamel, followed with a coat of their clear engine enamel. This will get you pretty close to OEM Honda engine paint, and be durable and reasonably fuel proof as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think I'm going to try a silver sold by marbles motors, he uses it on all his restorations and I like the look, only problem is the price ($22 per can and $15 shipping). He did say that one can should do a couple motors. I'm restoring a 1980 CB750F

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Wow small world...I too am restoring a Honda CB750F but mine's a 1979. Like most here I'm going with DupliColor aluminum engine enamel followed by their clear engine enamel.

Reactions: 80hondaf

·
Registered
596 Posts
The duplicolor is also pretty fuel resistant if you bake it in the oven to cure it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.