Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure this has been talked about many times before but, browsing through older threads, I could not readily find anything.
I want to clean out the centrifugal oil filter on my CB200, before I take her out for a ride.
She has over 20K miles and who knows when it was the last time done, if ever.

No problem as far as tools (impact driver etc) and getting at it.
But while I am at it, I feel I might as well replace all the engine case bolts with better ones.
I am thinking stainless Allen-head bolts but maybe you guys can point me in the right do or don't direction on replacement bolts.

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can't help you on where to get 'em...other than the hardware store that is. And they're not gonna have all of 'em. You'll have to hit up a Fastenal or other hardware supply. I'd personally leave them and get the impact. You'll be able to get the impact cheaper than the fasteners. Allens are nice though if you have to take them out often.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am close to placing an order with these guys: http://www.nutsandbolts.com/

They have the SS socket-headed screws which are probably the best replacement. They seem to have standard sizing, which might be slightly off, but a small washer will take up some of the length anyway.

darrom

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I went to my local Ace Hardware store when I did this on my SL125 motor. They had every case and side cover bolt needed - and they had 'em in normal steel and stainless in hex-head and phillips-head, and they had 'em in CHROME in allen-head. That's what I went with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts