Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 Honda CB400A Hondamatic and I'm in the planing stage of my build and I'm thing about doing a electronic ignition...

I have found electronic ignition Kit for Honda CB/CJ/CL360s and CB/CL450Ks CB500Ts.

so I wounding if the Ignition Plate of any of those bikes mach up with mine?

Also, dose anyone know of a kit the works for the Hondamatic?

·
Registered
399 Posts
You'll need a proper Factory Service Manual complete with color wiring diagrams. PM sent.
On the 400A's, there is a minor mistake in the schematics. The conductor going to the park indicator is missing as well as the legend for the park light. Will have to fix that soon.
Is your CDI not working? If it is, I wouldn't bother replacing it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You'll need a proper Factory Service Manual complete with color wiring diagrams. PM sent.
On the 400A's, there is a minor mistake in the schematics. The conductor going to the park indicator is missing as well as the legend for the park light. Will have to fix that soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Hondamatic came with an electronic ignition from the factory.
TOOLS
Oh OK, that works then
Like I said, I still in the planing/learning/gathering information part of my build/project/crazy I have no experience doing but I'm going to try anyway thing.

thank you: I't will help out a lot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As tepetit said, that bike has a factory CDI (electronic) ignition. However, they are notorious for failing. Factory replacements are hard to find, and any that you DO will probably be short lived as well, not to mention pricey. If/when you do elect to repair it, I "converted" mine using a stator/pickup assembly from a manual trans 400T, and a new module built buy a fella on eBay. Believe his name is Dave Scheible? I'll post a pick of his email address when I get a chance. It's printed on the side of the CDI. The new setup is great, and availability is much much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts