Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought and installed a Charlie’s place electronic ignition for my 72 cb350 per website instruction. I timed it and it started on the first kick. After putting the stator and points cover , I went to kick it over and it wouldn’t start. I checked connection from coils electronic points ( yellow and blue wires ) the right(blue wire ) had power when I switched the power on . The left ( yellow wire ) did not , but when I disconnected the yellow wire from the coil it had power . Any ideas as to what might be happening ?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The ignition could just be in the process of firing the left side for some reason. It may come up that way. Try turning the engine by hand - you will need to take the stator cover back off - to see if it grounds the blue wire and opens the yellow as it passes the timing marks.

Or, the ignition could just have died an infant death; happens some times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Rick,it was as you said it was firing on the left side , so I turned the engine over light was turning off and on. It was my I’m patience that got the best of me . I timed it again and now everything seems to be running great . It’s my first motorcycle and I’ve read on these forums about the gremlins these motorcycles tend to experience and though oh no , no it’s my turn .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts