Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent purchase was running before I began replacing parts...

Current condition is that nothing happens when I turn the key on.
I foolishly replaced the clutch cable by taping the old one to the new one and fished it past the ignition and might have disturbed some wiring, and I also replaced the front brake light switch so I had the headlight out too. Don't know where to start, is there something inside the headlight bucket which could cause this condition?

Could someone give me a starting point to start my search?

Thanks - Joe.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Sounds like the clutch cable might have hit the ignition switch harness and unplugged the switch. Now you have to pull the tank to check it... :D or maybe not, follow the small harness from the back of the ignition switch up under the tank, you might see the round connector. If you do take the tank off, you should run a zip tie through the wires on both sides of the plug to tie it together so it won't happen again

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
There's enough stuff inside the headlight bucket to screw up pretty much whatever you can think of. However, there are easier places to start.

How are you with a test light or a multimeter (voltmeter)?

Start at the battery. Clean and tighten the battery cables both at the battery and at the frame/solenoid.

Do you have power to the main fuse? Past the main fuse? Going into the ignition switch? Sounds like somewhere along that route you'll find that you don't have power where you should. Then you can figure out why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts