Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are a few wires hanging around i have not identified...one is a light green and pink? coming from the alt. anyone know what that is? and a long white wire i haven't identified. anyone know if a 71 had a kickstand or nuetral switch that deactivated the starter/coils or a clutch switch?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Light green and red would be the neutral light switch wire.... white is the "extra' charging coil when hooked to the alt yellow by the headlight switches....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where do I connect the nuetral light wire? just to he nuetral light? I don't really need it if it desn't affect the starting of the bike. and how do i run the white one if I need it. thanks

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
The neutral light gets power from main supply to one side of the bulb, then the other side runs thru that light green with pink (or red) stripe down to the neutral switch down near the front sprocket. When the transmission is in neutral, that switch completes the circuit, lighting the neutral light. No 'interlock' or disconnect at all - strictly lights the bulb.

As for the white wire, it's one of 3 wires coming out of the alternator - a pink and a yellow are the other 2. The pink runs directly to one input on the rectifier, the yellow runs up thru the headlight shell and back to the other input on the rectifier. The white wire also runs up to the headlight shell, and is joined to the yellow wire when the light switch is turned on, thus adding it's output to the yellow's output. You can bypass all that lighting on/of stuff and just connect the white to the yellow and run the resulting single output right to the second lead on the rectifier.

The two output leads from the rectifier should be green that goes direct to a solid chassis ground, and a red (or maybe red with white stripe) that goes to the (+) terminal of the battery.

Good luck with it.

Kirk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right on, thanks. i am going to head home and try and figure this out. its all down to electrical now and every time i think I have it figured out i find myself running circles again. thaks again and hopefully this is it this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts