Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I don't know which is the plus and minus on my bike.
I get continuity from the terminal with two wires to the engine block. I don't have a battery in it right now. The single terminal wire goes to something like a cylinoid, behind the battery box. With my key in the middle and forward position, I get .5 on the meter and if I turn the key all the way back, there is continuity to the engine block from the battery terminal.
I would think that the middle key position would be on, since it does not pull out in the middle.
Is all the way back for power on?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Middle position is on, one click clockwise is park light, tail light is lit and everything else is off. Lights are turned on and off with the handlebar switch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, I noticed a heavy ground cable, between the battery and the gas tank. I thought it may be from the solinoid for the starter, it has a lug with a hole for bolting it to something, it is negative, but I don't know where that bolts down, anyone know?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Ground cable bolts to one of the rear motor mount bolts. Fuse is on the positive side of the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fuse is grounded, so I need to find a short. Looks like the ignition key switch is after-market, because that key does not fit the forks lock, and I remember on my old Honda in the '70s, it was the same key.
Can folks get a new key ignition with a matching forks lock?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
The fuse is not supposed to be grounded, it goes in the red wire between the battery terminal and the switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts