Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike is a 1975 CL360

So, I finally got around to installing my rear break sensor: black to black and yellow/green to yellow/green fire her up hit the rear break and the entire bike kills. Nothing electronic is working. Great I fried a fuse, so I get the meter out and check, but all the fuses are good. Running out of ideas I check the battery still 12.33 volts. After that I start fiddling around with the wires at the ignition switch and bam! neutral light flicks on and the rear break sensor is working as intended. Go around for a ride the bike kills once when hitting the rear break but hit the wires again and it goes perfectly for the next hour no issues.

Fast forward to today and the neutral light is out bike won't start, flick the wires again, but this time nothing happens all dead. Weirdly enough this time around the turn signals and headlight both work, however. Scratching my head at this point I get the wiring diagram out and notice the the brown/white wire that is supposed to be feeding power when the key is switch on is dead. Then proceed to drain the tank and take it off to trace the wire, but after taking the tank off I put the key in turn and the neutral light is now on.

Rather than running around with my head cut off was wondering if you guys could give me some insight. Do I continue to trace the brown/white wire and look if there is some issue there, or is there perhaps another source causing the problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1975 CL360
116 Posts
The main ignition switch gets its power from the main 15A fuse over the red wire. The four-wire plug where the ignition switch plugs in might have a faulty connection, loose terminal, or corrosion on the terminal. From the sound of things, your bike might have a loose connection under the tank in the wire bundle.

Keep us posted with what you find, and we can help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts