Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1975 CL360, the headlight has not worked since I bought the bike. I have tested the blue and white wires from the main harness and I am getting 12v with the headlight switch turned on but inside the headlight I am not getting voltage at the blue and white wires. I had to solder some wires onto the contacts of right hand control recently because they broke off and were grounding out but since I did so everything else works including electric start, run switch, turn signals ,horn etc. I am thinking I may have permanently “interrupted” the headlights with the starter switch. Is there a way to bypass this to test the headlight and see if I need to rewire the right hand control? Or does anyone have any other ideas, I opened up the left hand controls to check for shorted wires and did not see any.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you want to just test to see if the headlight bulb is working, use jumpers to connect the green wire to the battery's ground terminal and the blue to the positive terminal. That should light up the bulb unless it's burned out. Although you can just as easily look at the filament.

If you want to test the switch, find the two wires that are joined by the switch and use a continuity tester to see if the switch closes a circuit between the ends of both the wires. Looks like you want to test for continuity between the yellow/black and white AND the yellow/black and blue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I haven’t had a chance to try testing the switch yet, but I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tested the switch and it is faulty tried to disassemble and clean it didn’t help, ordered a new one from 2 fast moto, hope it fixes the problem. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts