Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I noticed and that's a steep delivery charge; however, I was hoping somebody out there had actually bought a pair and was willing to report back on the quality for everyone's benefit. If they are crap, then it may prevent someone from making the same mistake. They could be great, too. Who knows?! :D

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I know... it's always a crapshoot when ordering something from Thailand. I've never bought shocks from there, can't bring myself to throw away the money if it turns out they suck. that said, Hagons are overpriced IMO but there are things in between - although I get the feeling you're looking for OEM replicas, which if true is going to add to the difficulty factor

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Hagons are expensive, but overpriced? Nothing really good comes as cheap as we would like it too. Buy cheap buy twice etc. I paid for hagons and they transformed my K0's handling.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I purchased the chrome top version of these a few years ago. The length is right. The upper shock mount bushing is too small for a CB77 or CB450. I ended up having to press the bushing out and use a CB77 rubber shock bushing. The lower clevis was too wide, requiring the use of a shim to fit the swingarm correctly. Other than that, they don't have as much damping ability as Hagons.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Save your money. If the seller is not willing to post the specifications for the shocks, even the stroke length, they must be junk. Don't ask me how I learned it but I will tell you that lesson cost me $116.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I wish it only cost me $116. I ordered two pair.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
They might be OK for a looker. The shocks I bought were nice looking reservoir with alloy castings. The stroke was under 2 inches. I came out of a gas station and they bottomed out. That compressed the lower disks in my back, nothing serious, but it didn't feel very good. I went right home and ordered a set of Hagons. I am now a believer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I think I'll save my money and get the Hagon shocks when the budget allows. For now...back on the bike the old ones go! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts