Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to wire up my cb350 bobber style. trying to keep it as simple as possible. wiring harness is not complete. everything is separated. anyone have an easier to understand diagram than the manual? electrical is my weakness.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Steve posted a "bobber" wire diagram a few months back. i used it trim and set the wiring for my ST project. do a search or ask steve direct. danWI

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm gonna hide a push button starter, taillight and headlight. its a 71 so i think I am exempt from turn signals. i'm going to search for that wiring from steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really i'd take any diagram with color so I can chase all of these wires i have laying around unharnessed. just trying to lay stuff out

·
Sensei
27,018 Posts

Simply connect the black wire (arrow at top left) to everything that needs power (through the appropriate switches), and make sure your grounds are good............If you want to run a fuse, cut the red wire between the ignition switch and the "dot" where the rectifier red attaches to the "heavy" red wire... install fuse holder and fuse...
To run an electric start, use one "post' of the solenoid as the connection point for the red wires (the "dot" above the rectifier in drawing)...Run the (smaller) Black solenoid wire to the "arrowhead", and the yellow/red stripe wire to a pushbutton that grounds when pushed.....The other solenoid "post" heavy wire goes to the starter motor itself (as originally done).
With only a headlight and taillight to deal with, a single DPDT/ center-off toggle switch will handle it..... Next post will detail the connections for brake , tail, and headlight.....

·
Sensei
27,018 Posts
Looking at the DPDT, center-off toggle from the bottom, the terminals are laid out like this:
1 2 3
4 5 6

Terminals 2 and 5 both go to the black (arrowhead) wire....You can use one wire and just "jumper" across these terminals.
Similarly, "jumper" from terminal 4 to terminal 6 and run from 6 to the taillight (brown wire on stock bike).....Hooking the black from the brakelight switch to the arrowhead, and running the green/yellow wire back will add brake light operation.....
Terminal 1 is high beam (to headlight blue)
Terminal 3 is low beam (to headlight white)
Ground headlight green wire....
Both coil black/whites go to arrowhead
One horn wire goes to the arrowhead... the other to a grounding pushbutton.....

DONE

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok steve thanks. i am going to tackle it within the next few days and see what other questions I come up with. once again, you are the man.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
jayel said:
something like this? open in MSpaint erase the wires and parts you don't need, turn signals, relay ect.

Jayel, where did you get that diagram from?

·
Registered
608 Posts
drew it up in paint from a b/w scan, it get boring sitting out the long cold winter to much time on my hands :lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for a kill switch, i just run the coils black/white wires up to a switch and from the switch to the arrowhead w/ a ground wire? (three prong switch)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and I know this wasn't part of it originally, but what about running signals? same basic or what? thanks

·
Sensei
27,018 Posts
"kill" is simply a SPST switch on the wire from the arrowhead to the coils.....open(off) is kill, closed (on) is run.... DO NOT GROUND!....

For signals, "arrowhead" to flasher, flasher to directional switch, switch to lamps, lamps to ground........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts