Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I bought a 1965 Honda CB450 a few months back from a guy who seemed pretty genuine. He bought a large piece of property at an auction that had the CB450 he sold me. He had no title but gave me a bill of sale. I am wanting to run a VIN check before I waste more of my time rebuilding it. From my understanding most websites that run VIN checks require a 17 digit vin number. My VIN is 12 characters long. What should I do?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Your bomber was built before the advent of the 17 digit vehicle identification number. I those days each manufacturer assigned a serial number to their vehicles.

Local law enforcement should be able to tell you if it was ever reported stolen. DMV may be able to provide some ownership history. Difficulty of obtaining title to any vehicle varies widely by jurisdiction so it just depends on where you're at. Others here with more experience in this area will be along with suggestions.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you cant find a title or have a title issued check with your DMV and ask how to obtain a rebuilt /salvage title. Its not the best but at least you can tag and ride it.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts