Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I decided to put evrything under the clutch cover back together on the 450 project.
After finishing it up and applauding myself on how slick I was, I realized I may have forgotten to install that tiny littl o-ring behind the oil pump.
So I got to take the whole schmear back apart and re-do it, discovering I had indeed forgotten it.
No, I did not consider just leaving it like that - I'm dumb, but not stoopid.

What an idiot.

bill

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
:eek: Oh NO!... The dummkopf now has moderator powers!..... Congratulations Bill!.... Steve

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
66Sprint said:
:eek: Oh NO!... The dummkopf now has moderator powers!..... Congratulations Bill!.... Steve

Hey !!
Better watch yourself dude, or..........or.......or........

I'll moderate the hell out of you.
(What exactly does a moderator do, again??)

:D :cool: :lol: :oops:

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Bill, ...I've joined the "Dummkopf" club.... It took me two days to realize that the speedo drive I needed was simply a matter of reversing the shafts direction relative to the housing ...( If one end is spinning clockwise when viewed from the end, it will be rotating CCW when viewed from the opposite end of the shaft)....Doh!.... I simply needed to adapt the housing so the cable inserts from the opposite side, and turn the shaft so it will engage the cable.......... :oops:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
66Sprint said:
Bill, ...I've joined the "Dummkopf" club.... It took me two days to realize that the speedo drive I needed was simply a matter of reversing the shafts direction relative to the housing ...( If one end is spinning clockwise when viewed from the end, it will be rotating CCW when viewed from the opposite end of the shaft)....Doh!.... I simply needed to adapt the housing so the cable inserts from the opposite side, and turn the shaft so it will engage the cable.......... :oops:
Dohhh !!! (Best Homer voice).

We should start a Club, maybe with a monthly Award or something - the Homer Award.
I'm sure everybody here would qualify at one time or another.

bill

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
i don't think i'd want to make all of my experiences public :(

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Jason, We don't really want to "air our dirty laundry", but another member could learn from our foibles... Maybe they'll end up with a better, safer, or easier adaptation for their bike... Everyone occaisionally overlooks the obvious, We just want everyone to know we are willing to admit we aren't always perfect......Close though!....LOL
Steve

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't help being an idiot - I was born that way, and have finely tuned it over many years.
Some of the mistakes I've made would reduce you to a jellied mass of laughter/tears.

Only a real man can admit his mistakes or say "I don't know" - only engineers and doctors never make mistakes (or so they tell us).
You gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

Unless, Jason, some of your mistakes were of an - ahem - "intimate" nature. :oops: :roll: :cry:

bill

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Bill, I humbly accept the "Homer" for September 2008...... :lol:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
tbpmusic said:
I can't help being an idiot - I was born that way, and have finely tuned it over many years.
Some of the mistakes I've made would reduce you to a jellied mass of laughter/tears.

Only a real man can admit his mistakes or say "I don't know" - only engineers and doctors never make mistakes (or so they tell us).
You gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

Unless, Jason, some of your mistakes were of an - ahem - "intimate" nature. :oops: :roll: :cry:

bill

i'm an engineer. i work with a lot of engineers.

we all dicuss on a regular basis when we make mistakes that we're glad we aren't doctors. I break a **** load of stuff, on a regular basis. It's fun. But, i'm glad it's not a human life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts