Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the dumb question but can find a good how to ... It is possible to remove the float without pulling the whole carb? I suspect float ain't floating, plug fouls wet and dark super quickly.. smokes to all get out when problem occurs...

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Yep. Undo the 4 screws and drop the bowl. If you're not cozy with your bike then you should do it the right way and check the float level and check your pilot circuit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I've gotten to that, should the float pin pop out with some encouragement towards the center of the bike?

Assume right way is pulling it off the bike and tearing apart..?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I just had a float that sprang a leak on my '69 CL350. It's MUCH easier to go ahead and take the carb off the bike to work on it (and there's also less risk of tearing something up).

float.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any insights in removing this thing? Just take the nut off?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yeah, that's what it is - connects the two chokes together to be controlled by the left lever. IIRC, one side is more removal-friendly than the other but it's been a very long time for me on a 350

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Yes, the end that's attached to the other carb is just clamped on the shaft. That's the one you remove.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, after all that float is good.. no sloshing no bubbles :/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tweaked the float height, seems to have alleviated the fouling, man such a small adjustment.. now the other side is popping.. I think because the previous side it set a little too open now that it's behaving.. what a circus

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Yes, every time you sort something out on one carb, you have to check the synch and redo the fine tuning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To close the loop, after much fun, discovered the PO had a 115 main on the bad side and a 105 main on the happy side (also discovered carbs are later not 69, model 3D), swapped the jets out with stock 105, reset the float to stock 26mm for 3D and running like a champ. Currently using 68s vs stock 70 for the smaller jet, trying to get back on BSE8 plugs, have been fighting fouling, currently on 7s and seems happy. Head running about 240f, watching plugs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts