Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
You must have already taken those marvelous drag pipes off the bike in that first picture... and thanks to you, David, they're now on mine! Bike looks great, that's a classic (and Bryan is envious!).

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Those particular CL450 tanks were great looking.

Edit: I'll bet that's a '68 that was sold and titled as a '69.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
A couple pics of the CL... what she looks like today vs when I found her. Hadn’t been on the road since 1974...
Sure looks like a "Winner" now, great job.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Look at you, showing off... :D wish I had more than the crate tag from my brand new K4 while in high school
I can sure understand that, Tom.

I have a blue 1974 CL450K6 (or at least most of it, that my Dad gave me (no title & though quite a bit of it is there, I hope to get around to building it. I keep looking for that light, at the end of the tunnel, that I am working toward, so I can get onto other things I want to do, like the CL450. Shame we don't live, at least some closer. Florida is a pretty good stroll from Arkansas. LOL!

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those particular CL450 tanks were great looking.

Edit: I'll bet that's a '68 that was sold and titled as a '69.
You are correct it's a 68 registered in 69, just wasn't sure which one to go by. I absolutely love it and put about 1000 miles on it this summer.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Yeah, my CL350 was sold and registered as a '70 (K2) model, which it obviously isn't, so if I need parts, I need to buy them for an early '69 (K0). I took advantage of a long lapse in registration and re-registered it as a 1969 model, so now the paperwork is correct.

CL350 2017.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
No pipes werent on it. Just in the parts pile!
WOW! Those look identical to the "TT" pipes I ordered for my 70 cl450 from a magazine in 1971!
Got the straight thru shorty mufflers at the local Harley dealership.
Of course the original pipes and mufflers (w/ 3,000 miles on them) had to go in the dumpster!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts