Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first joined this group there was discussion about drilling "lightening holes" in 450 sprocket/clutch covers. i dont remember who was doing the work (steve? bill2?) but the result photos were glorious! i have 5 sprocket covers just sitting here and.... anyone have leads on this topic? TIA, danWI

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve, thats one of the cool examples going around! You interested in doing another cover or 3? Contact me, Dan

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Send them, or I can send you this one (easy to do, just time consuming)... It's sprayed Dupli-color cast finish aluminum (as the cover was not up to polishing, it's a "saved" one that was knicked where the large curve sweep is...)...Better if you e-mail at [email protected] ........ Steve

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, sounds like a plan. email will be sent in a few....

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Dan, If you intend to polish them, it would be better to do that before sending... The holes make it difficult to get an even lustre....

Everyone else....
While I'm at it, I plan on doing up a couple of 360 covers as well...Any interest?
On one, I'm trying for absolute minimalist.... I believe I can cut the weight in half and still have full coverage... ;)

:D Steve

·
Registered
176 Posts
Shoot yeah. Can I draw a design and have you cut it? Are you just drilling and dremeling these, or what's your process?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Drill, jewelers' saw and files...... You can easily do them yourself, just be sure to retain the strength needed to control the clutch actuator mechanism... If there is any outward flex it becomes difficult to adjust the clutch properly.....Those internal ribs are there for a reason..................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts