Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put down the hacksaw and slowly step away from the motorcycle before someone gets hurt...

Seriously. Please someone explain how this seat and "hardtail" job is safe to ride without grave risk to your manhood. Not to mention the lack of a fork brace and front brake. I feel a moral obligation to point this out. I fear some hapless buyer may end up with this because it looks "cool".

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire
https://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1972-cb-450-bobber/6250246196.html

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks dangerous, I imagine the front swing arm bushings are in for a beating, but what is the cocktail shaker thingie for? Well, at least it has a hi-end ostrich seat cover. Too "Steampoop" for my tastes.

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
475 Posts
OK I'm going to assume 1. South Carolina has no inspection requirements 2. It doesn't run and is only a conservation piece.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct, there is no vehicle inspection in SC, hasn't been in 20 years or so. The bike has a current tag on it :eek:

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
How to use rear (only brake) on right turn?? Anyone see the fitment of the rear chain? That poor thing....such abuse.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I wonder if the "builder" has ever considered the possibility of him being sued or held criminally liable if someone gets hurt or killed riding that piece of crap. OEM vehicle manufacturers go out of their way to insure the safety of their products, any problems usually mean an army of lawyers showing up to sue them into the poorhouse.

·
Registered
399 Posts
No. He's safe. The lawyers will conclude that anyone who did this wouldn't have 2 nickel to rub together and innocent by reason of criminal stupidity. Best legal defense is being broke.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Darwinian evolution at its best. One pothole and as he lands back on the rear tyre his knackers will be removed swiftly; and with it his chance of breeding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts