Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I have a Honda CB 250 Nighthawk from 2001 and i'm doing some mods on it.

I now have the idea to adapt two carbs from other CB motorcycle, like the old school CB 250.

The carburetor that's on the bike ATM is the little original 26mm for both cylinders.

Did someone here ever did this adaptation? Is it worthy?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I don't recall anyone doing this. Might start by looking thru parts fiches of different year 200/250 models to see what Honda may have done. Other option would be Mikuni carbs. You're going to be looking at mi to upper 20's in venturi sizing, 30's will be too much

·
Registered
555 Posts
I believe the performance gain is very little with twin carbs. I actually like the single carb on my CM200T as each cylinder gets the same mixture ratio & idle setting (single carb).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies.

I feel like the engine is being strangled by that little carburetor.

After your opinions i should maybe opt by two 24mm carbs or something like that.

With the carbs i should swap those strangled mufflers with two smaller, unstrangled ones to help the engine breath better. What you think?

Is there any 2 in 1 throttle cable on the market or should i opt by a double carb instead of two separated ones?

Thank you very much for your Help!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Split throttle cables are easy, any of the CB/CL/SL 350's or the CB/CL 450's.
Smaller muffler will make it louder but have no positive effect on the breathing, in fact they can make it worse. Look for muffler that are @1.25 Liters of volume and have the same size inlet and outlet of the actual pipes

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The second one is the better choice. You'll have to add pacing to the muffler since they come with very little

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts